Find Your New Best Friend
Dog Adoption Information
All of our dogs receive the following:
- Sterilization Surgery (spayed or neutered)
- Behavioral Assessment (and behavior modification plan when necessary)
- Canine Heartworm, Lyme & Ehrlichia blood screening
- Routine distemper & rabies vaccinations
- Adoptees may purchase a microchip for $25 upon request.
• If you are interested in adopting a pet and rent your home, we ask for landlord permission before the adoption goes through.
• If you have a dog already in residence you must bring him/her in for a meet and greet with the prospective adoptee dog to ensure the best match possible for everyone.
• All adoptions are same day adoptions and we do not reserve or hold animals. Remember that even if you miss the opportunity to adopt that day we have many more animals that are waiting for a home and may be your next best friend!
• All members of the household must agree to the adoption and meet the pet before the adoption.
• Our adoption fees are non-refundable, but if a pet adoption does not work out you may return the animal to KVHS to find a new home.
• Due to afternoon feedings and rounds, adoptions will stop at 3:45 although you are welcome to look at our animals until we close.
• Most importantly, enjoy your time with us and make sure the animal you choose is going to be the best fit for your home and lifestyle.