What do I do if my beloved pet becomes lost?
Click HERE to see some recent stray arrivals. If you do not see your lost cat here please contact us with details about your missing cat so we can check our intakes and file a lost report if your cat has not come into us. We can be reached by phone at 207-626-3491, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via private message here on Facebook.
Contact the KVHS and fill out a lost report. A trained staff member will ask you a series of questions that will help the KVHS identify your pet if it is surrendered to the shelter by an Animal Control Officer or another individual.
It is always a good idea to have identification on your pet in case you and your animal become separated. Identification allows the KVHS to quickly and successfully reunite animals with their loved ones.
Check Social Media
Some preventative measures you can take to help us quickly identify your pet if it becomes lost are:
- Have your pet Microchipped.
- Affix your dog’s license tag to its collar.
- License numbers can be easily traced back to you.
- Affix Rabies vaccination tags to your pet’s collar.
- Affix an identification tag to your pet’s collar.
- Tags can be inscribed with appropriate contact information. KVHS offers this service for $6.00 plus sales tax.
- Mark your pet’s collars with permanent marker indicating appropriate contact information.