Canine Training & Behavior Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
The Canine Behaviorist is responsible for managing the canine population at KVHS. This includes the ability to study behavior of the dogs to create behavior modification and training plans for issues pertaining to aggression, fear, and food insecurity; conduct temperament tests and behavioral assessments for KVHS dogs; provide ongoing basic and advanced training for shelter dogs; provide basic and advance training for KVHS staff and volunteers handling dogs; provide behavior & retention plans for dogs when adopted into homes; and work closely with adopters to match their needs to the correct dog for their family.
Ability to work closely with dogs to identify programs to resolve or work toward resolutions for behavior issues. Behavior modification may pertain to food insecurity, fear aggression, aggression toward other animals or toys, and issues with possession and guarding.
Temperament test & Behavior assessment
Using standard temperament test tools, provide testing for all KVHS dogs and record all data observed during testing.
Basic and advanced dog training
Ability to create training programs for shelter dogs. Shelter dogs should learn basic commands such as sit, stay, come and should learn proper leash walking manners.
Basic and advanced dog training and handling for staff and volunteers
Ability to train KVHS staff and volunteers ranging from basic dog walking training, clicker training, and other training areas as assigned.
Provide behavior plans to adopters
Create positive, transparent relationships with KVHS dog adopters. Work closely with adopters to establish behavior programs that will make adopted dogs successful in their new homes.
Provide ongoing support to adoptions
Work closely with the KVHS operations team to provide the highest level of support to adopters who meet and adopt KVHS dogs.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities
- Significant knowledge of the field of canine behavior and training;
- Highly detail oriented, enthusiastic and energetic;
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive, people oriented problem solving skills;
- Ability to manage multiple, detail-oriented priorities;
- Highly organized with excellent written and oral communication skills;
- High attention to detail and time management to ensure follow through on multiple priorities;
- Provide outstanding customer service.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Prior experience working with dog training and/or dog behavior is required.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends and travel on occasion.