Community Engagement Coordinator
KVHS is excited to be hiring a Community Engagement Coordinator to join our dynamic team of life saving professionals!
Job Title: Community Engagement Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Donor Engagement
The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for managing KVHS special events, serving as a liaison for third party events, and coordinating our donor stewardship program and supporting the Director of Donor Engagement in developing and implementing our annual giving program. This position also coordinates and implements KVHS fundraising communications including monthly newsletters, formal mailings and online marketing for events and philanthropic opportunities. The Community Engagement Coordinator provides direct support to both the Director of Donor Engagement and the Executive Director.
- Work collaboratively with the board and KVHS staff leadership to develop, plan, organize and implement major fundraisers and stewardship events (Auction, Paws in the Park and the Mutt Strut, others).
- Event management includes logistics, budget management, marketing and coordination of volunteer engagement when necessary.
- Create and further develop relationships with fundraising volunteers and third party fundraisers.
- Engage and steward event attendees and supporters.
- Work collaboratively with and support the vision of the board driven fundraising committee.
- Assist in identification and recruitment of special event committee members and volunteers.
- Collaborate with the KVHS team to identify opportunities to increase special events revenue in traditional and innovative ways.
- Coordinates and implements supporter newsletters and other communications.
- Write and send press releases to local media outlets regarding KVHS events, opportunities, public education, and success stories.
- In collaboration with KVHS staff leadership, develop social medial/marketing schedules and plans for events, fundraising activities, and success stories.
- In collaboration with KVHS leadership staff, work to develop a strategic fundraising plan, identifying goals and innovative ways to reach them.
- Provide ongoing database management, updating and maintaining donor records to ensure accurate and meaningful engagement.
- Process and acknowledge gifts and maintain donor pledges.
- Prepare mailing lists and coordinate cultivation, stewardship and solicitation mailings.
- Prepare regular reports regarding the status of giving programs.
- Provide direct support to Director of Donor Engagement and Executive Director as it pertains to fundraising, special events, and major gift opportunities and programs.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities
- Highly detail oriented, enthusiastic and energetic.
- Passion for event management.
- Ability to manage multiple, detail-oriented priorities.
- Ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities and meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidential financial, employee, volunteer and donor/sponsor information.
- Highly organized with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High attention to detail and time management to ensure follow through on multiple priorities.
- Electronically savvy and competent with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and data management programs.
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external customers and to work with multiple vendors to help ensure successful event partnerships and well executed special events.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Raiser’s Edge fundraising software a plus.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability and desire to carry out KVHS’s mission, goals and philosophies with the highest professional standards.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends and travel on occasion.
The full job description can be viewed here: Community Engagement Coordinator